Early indicators of a product’s launch is its EEC registration by the manufacturer. It doesn’t mean they will all heat production line, but most of them eventually will. With MSI registering a rather large number of new motherboards, however, it seems that they’re more than ready for the upcoming launch of Intel’s Comet Lake-S processor range.
MSI Register Z490 Motherboards
The registration includes the follows:
- Z490-A PRO (Standard ATX)
- Creator Z490I (Mini-ITX)
- MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK (Standard ATX)
- MPG Z490M GAMING EDGE WIFI (Micro-ATX)
- MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS (Standard ATX)
- MEG Z490I UNIFY (Mini-ITX)
- MEG Z490 UNIFY (Standard ATX)
- MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI (Standard ATX)
- MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI (Standard ATX)
- MEG Z490 ACE (Standard ATX)
- MEG Z490 GODLIKE (E-ATX)
What I think :
The Z490 series will see the largest motherboard release witnessed in years. Obviously manufacturers are banking on Intel’s dominant position on the retail CPU market to achieve strong 2020 sells.
But with the rather disappointing news surrounding the abilities of Intel’s newest Comet Lake CPU, things might get a little bumpy.